I'm Feeling Supersonic

Since my last blog i have been SO poorly! and in no fit state to do anything! :( However I finally went to the doctors today and finally have some medicine so I should hopefully start feeling better very soon and therefore well up for blogging as usual!


Today I called into my local ASDA store for supplies (milkshakes, magazines, cake etc...) and saw the most AMAZING gold/ metallic shorts on the mannequin in the George section! I asked the lovely, helpful assistant who managed to find me a pair in my size. However, and this is my favourite bit, they were in the sale and they were the last ones! I looked online though, and the shorts are still available! :-) 




I love these shorts because they are SO similar to a pair I tried on in Topshop a few weeks ago. However, the Topshop ones were £30 and these were £5 and much better fitting I felt. I'm unfortunate to have a super tiny bum so finding shorts that don't go baggy there are a struggle, however these are great!








And the shorts on! Considering I'm petite (5ft'3), these shorts are the perfect length- not too long but don't show my bum off! they are also slightly high waisted which is very flattering.



I teamed the shorts with a burn out Topshop vest (£10) in this picture.
I also found there were some really nice things in the online sale! I was eyeing up a knitted cream top with gold crosses on, a pair of zebra print shorts and some pastel pink skinnies so it is definitely well worth a look!








Yesterday I went to a cousin's wedding. I wasn't looking forward to it, though I usually love weddings purely because I am still feeling v ill and sorry for myself! However it was an excuse to dress up and get drunk so who can complain?!






I'm wore my layered lace coral dress. (£14 Hooch @ Matalan)
This dress is from the children's section at Matalan where I buy a lot of my clothes from- I'm 5'3 and a size 8/10 and fit easily into xx/xs or a age 14/15 due to the large children's sizes!




The detail on the dress- the dress is coral material with a lace over lay. It's very similar to the 'Georgia' dress Topshop made this summer. 










I wore my newest shoes- River Island £25. Again, another sale purchase I love the gold lining on these shoes and the cut out detail as I think it makes them look more expensive!







Close up of the gold effect on the shoes





In terms of my makeup, I borrowed my mums eye shadow (sorry mummy..!)





This shade is 'bikini line' by Benefit and is £12.50-£13.50 on debenhams.com. I love this eyeshadow because its not quite as full on as a pure glitter and just gives a nice, long lasting shine on the eyes. The actual eyeshadow is very long lasting too- my mum has had this one for over a year and wears it daily as well as me borrowing it all the time!








 And my finished eyes! I only used a little glitter so the effect wasn't very full on.
I'm lucky enough to have naturally long, thick black eyelashes so for the 'wow' effect I simply added a few coats of Benefit 'Badgal' mascara (£16.50 debenhams.com) which is my favourite mascara in the world- it doesn't clump and is perfect for daily use. I also added Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara (£10.99 boots.com) which is another great mascara, also very thickening and well worth the money!



  




Also to finish my blog, I bought the long awaited american apparel leggings this week! After much debate with myself, I went and tried them on and fell in love! I got the leggings in 'burnt olive' and can't wait to wear them!
In this picture I have teamed the leggings with a Topshop cropped peace sign (£12)

So that's me done! Hope you have all had lovely days/weeks/summer holidays! Lots of love,
Gxxx

Comments

Popular Posts

InLine