Smells like Teen Spirit

Hello again! Hope everyone is well and enjoying the Olympics, I am so proud of Great Britain- we are doing so well despite being such a teeny tiny country compared to some of the others such as America and China but we're holding our own! Plus the arenas and stadiums look fantastic, London 2012 has been fantastic! The success of our incredible rowing team has also inspired me to consider taking up rowing when I (hopefully) go to University! 





First of all I am going to start by discussing my amazing shopping trip yesterday- I went to Primark for a bag I had seen the week before-  

Primark, £6
I had seen a similar style bag in River Island for £18 and was actually considering buying it before I saw this beauty! The bag is black faux snakeskin with a white plastic clasp. Primark also do the bag in white. 



 Close up of the faux snakeskin material, which I think makes it look more expensive.







The only problem with this bag is the handle- as you can see in this photo it comes with a short, slightly tacky looking bronze coloured chain which feels thin. However I solved this problem by either tucking the chain inside the bag and using it as a clutch or, attaching a longer black chain (from a no longer used bag) onto the chain handles of this bag :) This means the bag has a longer and stronger chain and the strap can also be removed to make a clutch bag!


However, my best buy was without a doubt my new shoes:
Primark, £16.


These shoes are INCREDIBLE! I have been wanting some gold sparkly heels since before Christmas when I first spotted them but didn't want to spend a lot of money on what are essentially 'novelty' shoes. However as soon as I saw these gorgeous platform heels I knew I had to have them! They also come in a silver colour with red/green glitter and black sparkles. They are a soft gold colour covered in gold sparkles and although I am more used to wedges, they are so comfy! Definitely a good investment, I can't wait to wear them with my AA leggings!








Zebra/Jungle Print Playsuit. £12 'Candy Couture' (Child's section) @ Matalan.

Also yesterday, I was invited to a 'beach theme' garden party. To say I had no idea what to wear is a total understatement! I also had work before so quickly stuffed a couple of options (a grey patterned dip hemmed dress and a leopard print playsuit) in my bag and thought i'd decide later. I asked my work friends (all girls, naturally, boys just don't understand dilemma's like this!) and none of us could decide.

 However, I walked past this playsuit and just knew I had to have it! I bought an age 14 and couldn't try it on however it (luckily) fitted perfectly! I wore it with my gold sandals and my new black bag! The playsuit has an elasticated waist and a gold button down front.




Also this week, I decided to try out my Lush Pink 'Bunty' box (LUSH £13.25) that I received as a birthday present. I haven't wanted to open and use the box as it's so pretty! But decided it was the best way to cheer myself up after a long day!




The box is wrapped in this amazing (recyclable of course) paper with a cute tag saying what it is with a description of its contents inside!



And contains this little guide inside which I thought was a nice touch- it contains a description of all the gift cosmetics in all the sets so you can search and find yours as well as making a wish list for your next gift box!








And the box inside! I was so surprised when I opened my box to find the bath melts/bombs surrounded by these multicoloured polystrene pieces- it felt like opening a present when I was younger and so much fun to search through and find what I wanted!







This is one of the bath melts included:A Think Pink bath Ballistic. I have used this melt before and love how creamy and indulgent it is, and how nice smelling!



The 'Think Pink' is actually quite large so can be spilt in two for two indulgent baths!








Space Girl Ballistic: I am yet to use this bath bomb and am so excited to! I've read and heard so many positive things about it and as I am yet to experience a 'proper' Lush bath bombs (I prefer a luxurious melt personally!) so watch this space...!


Again, a side view of the bath bomb, which actually looks like a spaceship!!




And finally, the Creamy Candy Bath Bubble Bar (try saying that with your mouth full of sweets..) I have also used this one before and enjoyed it! It genuinely is so creamy! It makes the water feel so comforting and moisturising! 







Again, the bar is thick enough to be spilt for two baths to save the bar and a lovely crumbly texture.





I didn't manage to get a picture of the 'Mini comforter Bubble Bar' which was the one I used. However it is a pink and white swirled bar. I had never used the mini comforter and so decided to try it. First of all I was AMAZED at the colour it turned my water! It was BRIGHT pink! Like the child I am, I found this so amazing! Yet the water was somehow still clear so it didn't turn my skin pink or anything. It also, as promised, created an insane about of bubbles! I used the whole bar and as you can see in this picture, there were A LOT of bubbles! This is only half the bath and the other half was also a bubble mountain!  




So that's all from me today, I would definitely advise the LUSH bunty box- I can't wait for my next one at Christmas! (As well as any other gift boxes I decide to circle in my copy of LUSH times closer to Christmas.. hint hint...) and I would also definitely advise Primarks gorgeous sparkly shoes, I am using the excuse that I am 'wearing mine in' so I can walk around the house in them all day! 
Lots of love, 
G xxx

Comments

Popular Posts

InLine