Winter Blues

Hello again!
Hope everyone's well and enjoying Halloween! I had a lovely evening carving a pumpkin (I made it look like a cat, miaow!) and eating far too many sweets!
I'm home from uni at the minute and although I won't go into detail, I'm definitely not enjoying my university experience. I'm lucky to have a wonderful support network of friends and family but after speaking to a lovely careers advisor today, I know that a lot of people aren't as lucky as me and my advice if you are struggling, would be to go see your uni's careers advisor and counselling. Alternatively, i'm not expert but I have spoken to SO many people I'm beginning to know what i'm talking about! My email address is georgiacwood@gmail.com and i'm always here to help anyone especially since I know how hard it can be!


Anyway, back to business!

My first new is that I have something to admit...I went into a charity shop last week for THE FIRST TIME. (I know, I know, i'm so sorry, what have I been doing with my life?!) I originally only called in for a new book but saw this coat and fell in loveeeee!



Coat- £13.99 (originally George at ASDA, bought in a charity shop)
I could NOT be happier with this coat! I've been searching for a white, long, faux fur coat for at least a year so it was an amazing chance to find this one, it just goes to show how amazing charity shops are!




Also this week I treated myself to a new clutch bag! A similar bag from Topshop retailing at £38 initally caught my eye but, being the poor student I am, I couldn't justify spending so much money on a clutch! However, I found this very similar bag at Matalan for £8! The bag comes in grey (the shade I bought) and plain black, definitely worth an investment!


Bag- £8 Matalan.



And finally! 
I did try and avoid the topshop sale.. honestly I did... ! But I totally caved in! I bought some long gold earrings and these incredible trousers!
They're so totally not my normal style but the pastel colours and the amazing, soft jersey material totally drew me in! I absolutely love them and can't wait to buy matching new tops and accessories! 






Finally on today's blog i'd give some style tips to your room, so you can keep every aspect of your life stylish! I love having my rooms (uni and home!) very girly and very personal- I have photo's and memento's everywhere!


My first tip is:
Keep it personal!
Decorate your room with photos and cute notice boards (so helpful for scatter brains like me!) pin boards are a great way of showing off your photos without the cost and clutter of frames! Also, at home I've covered the back of my door in a collage- anything in magazines that catches my eye, I stick on! So easy and yet it can look so stylish!




Second tip:
First of all, i'd just like to say i'm so sorry for my instagram totally being in this photo but my laptop wouldn't allow me to edit it!
My second tip is the co-ordinate. Pick a theme and stick with it- mixing a modern 'british' look, e.g, greys, union jack patterns with a vintage-y look can be a total mis-match and end up looking confused. I think sticking to one colour and then experimenting with shades (such as in this photo, my uni room where I have a range of pinks) is definitely the best way to go!
Again, in this photo you can see my idea of  'little touches' definitely help! I love cushions and I find adding a throw to my horrible green chair has cheered the room up! Things like rugs and throws definitely cheer the room up!




Finally, my uni room has more notice boards than I really know what to do with so this is my least used board. I mostly stick important things on here- such as my graze box I still need to order and tickets, a trolley thing and train tickets! It's definitely the most visual and easiest way to remember things! 

That's all from me for today then! I finally have my laptop back after a long, hard week so normal blogging should commence from now on! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!
G xxx

Comments

  1. I love the coat :). I know what you mean about not enjoying university, and I think speaking to university staff is great advice (and great that you did it). Good luck with the path you choose to take :) xx

    Almost Delightful

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thank you! who knew charity shops were the new hot spot!? And thank you so much, I have decided to stop out and it's definitely been the best choice! Thank you for your comment! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

InLine