Body Shop Haul- Reviews

Another beauty review again from me today..
I'm trying to save money at the moment so there are no new clothes in my life to blog about unfortunately! However instead I thought I would blog about some The Body Shop goodies that I received over Christmas!
I will be reviewing the following in todays blog:

  • Honey and Oat Face Mask
  • Strawberry Body Polish
  • Cocoa Butter Body Butter
  • Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter
N.B: I will be reviewing both the White Musk perfume and the White Musk set (which includes a body lotion, body wash and a loofah!) at a later date :)

First of all, I will admit right now that I am a huge Body Shop fan and all of the things I am reviewing I have tried previously, although not necessaryily in the same flavour/scent. I am mostly doing this review post to show other people the brilliance of these products!


First up-
'Honey and Oat 3-In-1 Scrub Mask'





This mask is a definite bathroom cupboard essential. Although it isn't as powerful as my other essential face wash- Lush Cosmetic's Ocean Salt- it leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft! It's definitely the mask if your skin has been ravaged by the bad winter weather and needs some pampering!
The texture is similar to porridge (please don't let that put you off!) and it smells unbelievably nice- you will have to resist eating it due to the gorgeous honey smell!







'Strawberry Body Polish'





I've been using this polish for about 4 or 5 years. As I have very sensitive but also very dry skin, I find it difficult to find polishes that don't completely dry out or aggravate my skin but this is definitely one of the best! Like the face mask, it also smells wonderful- Body Shop products always smell exactly (or sometimes better!) like what they're meant to smell like which is definitely a good thing. The texture of the polish is also amazing- it's basically a gel with strawberry seeds in it which exfoliate your skin naturally- hence it being ideal for sensitive skin! 






'Cocoa Butter'



I count Cocoa Butter Body Butter as one of my desert island essentials- as with (basically all) Body Shop's goodies, the smell is incredible and it really works. Cocoa Butter is another product i've been using for years and although I have tried other butters/ moisturisers, I have ALWAYS come back to Cocoa Butter. It's hydrating without being too heavy on the skin, it smells wonderful and it really works! I can apply this just once a week and have soft skin all week. 
It isn't just a body butter either- I used it to cool my sun burn on holiday, I use it as a lip balm when I run out of other balms and a hand/face cream due to the lightness of the product. I could rave about this product all week- it's long lasting, eco-friendly sourced and although The Body Shop do an array of Body Butters, Cocoa Butter will definitely always be my favourite!
  







'Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter'



First of all, apolgises for the poor quality of the first picture! The flash clearly caught the butter at a bad angle. This lip butter was a Christmas Gift from my lovely mum in law to be (hopefully in the future!) and was a welcome addition to my Body Shop collection as this is my first lip butter as I usually use The Body Shop's Strawberry Lip Balm.
The lip balm differs from the balm as it is much softer and although a balm goes on quite sticky and pink ish in colour, the butter goes on sleek and shiny without the sticky texture and a hint of the peachy pink colour. The taste/ smell is quite sharp which I liked, although I can imagine others would not. The butter does work- it leaves my lips feeling soft although not for as long as the balms do but I would definitely reccommend it, especially to anyone who doesn't like the stickier texture of a lip balm. 






That's all for today then! Happy Thursday everyone!
G xxx

Comments

Popular Posts

InLine