Next Guest Blogger Challenge!



"What are your staple pieces to take you from Winter to Spring and what would you wear them with?"




A White Shirt  (Next's 'Perfect' White Shirt £35)

Why?
A white shirt should be every girls wardrobe staple; they go with so much. Plus who can argue with a shirt called 'perfect'?


How to wear:
Casual or formal, layered up or on its own. Throw it under a jumper, add a statement necklace for 'I mean business' work wear and then you can even wear it on a weekend with your jeans!








A Leather Jacket  (Next's PU Faux Leather Jacket £55)
Why?
Next have vamped up the classic jacket with some amazing extra zip pockets and sleeve detail. A bit goth, a bit futuristic and totally incredible.


 How to wear: Layer up in the cold or wear it over your favourite summery dress for a rock chick look. Match it with black accessories and play glam goth or rock a multitude of different textures to be the ultimate fashionista. 



A statement clutch  (Next's Lock Clutch £16)

Why? Not an obvious choice, but perfect to add colour to any outfit. plus there's just enough room for an umbrella for those Spring showers!


How to wear:
Clash it with other neon accessories  fill it with essentials for a twist on your every day bag, match with your shoes for a sophisticated look and then team with nude heels for a night on the tiles. 








Finally, to create the perfect Winter to Spring outfit I'd team my staples with some other lovely Next clothes and accessories all available from www.next.co.uk:















 I added the following to my Winter/Spring 'staples' outfit:


Next Nude Metallic jumper (£38)

Next Silver Metallic leggings (£14)
Next statement necklace (£20)
Next Square cut point shoes (£22)



I chose this outfit by picking my staples pieces then building the outfit around them;
 I wanted the outfit to be laid back, day time chic that women all ages can wear and still feel amazing. 
I added the metallic and bright accessories and extras to keep the outfit summery (even when the weather doesn't match!) and to add different elements and textures to the look. 

I think it's vibrant, quirky and perfect for everyone, as well as showing the versatility of the staple pieces!



 This post is my entry for the Next Guest Blogger challenge so wish me luck!
G xxx


Comments

  1. Good Luck!

    I love the necklace and the clutch that you have chosen here.

    Would be great if you would take a peek at my entry:

    Spring / Summer 2013 Key Trends

    Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I toyed with this one and the SS trends one, yours is brilliant! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jacket xx

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

InLine