Saturday, 19 October 2013

Eyes: Benefit Nugget and Avon 'Very Black'










*Please excuse the terrible quality photos.. my own fault for getting inspired at 8pm and therefore having no natural light to work with!*


I was experimenting with some make up earlier and ended up creating this really simple but quite dramatic eye look. I swept Benefit's Lust Duster in the shade 'Nugget' (£14) over my lid first, using my favourite 'Fluff Shadow Brush' which is also by Benefit and is now a bargainlicious £9 in the ASOS sale! I then added a dramatic cat eyes flick with 'Jillian Dempsey for Avon''s 'Smokifier' which has actually been discontinued! I think its such a shame as the product is absolutely fail-proof and so versatile. Hopefully they bring it back or create a similar effect but you can find it on eBay here. I also added a little Benefit 'Show off! Eyeshadow in the shade 'Bambi' which has also been discontinued! I'm having no luck with this look.. however you can, of course, still get Bambi on eBay. Benefit seem to be the worst cosmetic company for discontinuing things... especially the ones I like! But 'Bambi' is so glittery it's definitely worth tracking down. I really like this look because it's so simple but looks so dramatic. I'd love to experiment with different shades for the base colour and maybe smudging in the smokifier to create a slightly edgier look that would perfect for every day.

What do you think of this look? Do you have any Smokifier dupes I could try?

G xx

No comments:

Post a Comment