Matalan Two Piece:




Matalan matching two piece:Top- £14 
Skirt- £12


I first spotted this matching set a couple of weeks ago and although i've been trying to resist it, the temptation finally got too much and I caved in and bought it. The set is made up of a mid sleeved slightly cropped boxy fit top and a beautiful fit and flare skirt. The texture is so unusual: it's a really thick dotted material and feels so much more expensive than it actually costs! The skirt is £12 and the top is £14 which, seeing as though the pieces can be worn separately and together, is such a bargain. I went a size 8 in the skirt as it is very stretchy and is sort of bodycon before it flares at the bottom. I went for a medium in the top to get the perfect oversized, boxy feel.

I'm absolutely in love with this set, I seriously hope Matalan make more: especially at these amazing prices! I got the skirt & top for only £20 (with staff discount) which is what some stores would charge for the skirt alone. My only complaint is the necklace that comes attached to the top: it's made of an awful acrylic material and is absolutely not my style. It's also annoying stitched onto the top so to remove it I had to cut the hoop. Not a big problem though and easily fixed.

I've been playing it safe and teaming my two piece with black chelsea boots, my grey coatigan and a black bag for a chic, classic winter look. I'd like to maybe play with colours a little more and use this outfit as a base but as a colourphobe, I might just stick to my favourite colour- black! 
How would you wear the set? Anywhere else I can pick a bargain set up from?


G

Comments

Popular Posts

InLine