Harvey Nichols AW14 Fashion Show:

Last night I was lucky enough to attend the Harvey Nichols Autumn/Winter '14 Fashion Show in Leeds and boy was I in for a treat



















After a blustery walk from the train station, I arrived at Harvey Nichols just before 7pm and was greeted by the friendly staff who ushered me in, presented with my (scented!) personalised envelope and told me the show would be starting at 7.30pm. I stuck to window shopping on the ground floor, which is beauty and make-up, to pass the time. There were plenty of people milling around and the atmosphere was electric as everyone waited for the show. We were then led into the entrance between HN and Leeds' famous Victoria Arcade and at this point we were given complimentary Prosecco while we waited for the show and admired the amazing architecture: watching the sun set through the impressive glass ceiling of Victoria Arcade is simply breathtaking and created the perfect backdrop especially whilst being seated amongst the shops; I sat in front of Reiss which provided me with even more window shopping opportunities!


Once the show started the clothes completely took over from the sky though; the looks were 'Sports Luxe', ' Mods & Rockers', Monochrome, 'Check It Out' and 'Evening' and featured styles for men and women. There were definitely strong monochrome and jewel colour themes running through the show which I can't wait to add to my wardrobe; they were classic and rich looks that seemed so luxurious and timeless while remaining fresh and effortless at the same time. Personal highlights for me were the show stopping Alice & Olivia Metallic Skirt that rippled under the spotlights with an almost liquidity, a Sandro Checked Coat that was perfect in its own simple, androgynism style, the flawless monochrome Alexander McQueen evening dress  a seriously 90s inspired Maje checked shirt combination and my personal favourite; a stunning Valentino Cape Dress that stole the show (and my heart- this was on my Christmas list as soon as I saw it!).


After the show finished we were ushered back inside where we were invited to shop to our hearts content with the store offering late night shopping until 10pm! Luckily I managed to avoid the Saint Laurent bags and Victoria Beckham dresses that were calling my name and escaped with only a couple of MAC purchases in tow. 
All in all, I had a fantastic night which provided me with an incredible amount of inspiration for my Winter wardrobe; i'm thinking rich jewel tones, 90s inspired checked skirts and maybe, just maybe the Valentino Cape-Dress of my dreams! 



G

Comments

Popular Posts

InLine