#14:





Dress - Rihanna For River Island (Old) (Similar) 
Necklace - Primark (Similar) 




I'm sure I can't be the only one that has one item in their wardrobe that quietly sits there, mostly forgotten about waiting to be worn, time after time - always appropriate and always slimming. For me, that item is this River Island dress from Rihanna's collection a couple of years ago. On paper it really shouldn't work; it has a low front, a high thigh split and a cross up back. I picked this dress up on a total whim in the winter sale thinking i'd probably barely wear it.... who knew i'd be so wrong. Wearing a bandeau under the dress solves issues the low front / cross back issues for me (if you're the kind of girl that can go without a bra I hate you!) and I love the thigh split - it isn't inappropriate and it can be pulled down / moved around to make the dress less revealing. I seem to pull on this dress everytime I go on a night out or for drinks for something I know will flatter me while still making me feel kinda classy and a little bit risque. 


You can still pick up this exact dress on eBay (search Rihanna River Island black dress) or anything very similar in pretty much any high street store and i'd really reccomend buying your own version: it's true what they say about LBD's - you really can't beat them!


What are your wardrobe staples? 



G

Comments

Popular Posts

InLine