La Crepe Boutique:





Aka the best ever crepes I've ever tasted. 
Last night me and my mother bear headed to the White Rose shopping centre for a little bit of quality time and retail therapy. Not only did I end up coming home with a lot more bags than I intended (haul coming soon!) I also headed home with this glorious, calorific explosion of tastiness from La Crepe Boutique, 


La Crepe Boutique is a stall in the White Rose (that used to be called  Crêpes Gavroche FYI) on the lower floor near Clintons heading towards New Look. It smells amazing and you can smell the drool-inducing smell all the way along the centre. We actually called just as the White Rose was closing on Thursday night at 9pm and the two staff member absolutely amazing (especially since it was 9.01pm and they were attempting to shut up shop!) they simply asked us what we wanted and got on with making them while smiling and being ridiculously chirpy after what i'm sure was a long day. We both went for the 'mix' crepe which was £3.95 and consisted of strawberries, bananas and Nutella. I absolutely loved that the lady cut up the fresh fruit there and then while the man cooked the crepe - it's some serious teamwork and so entertaining to watch: you can literally watch the crepes turn that gorgeous brown shade! The crepes are then slathered in Nutella straight after cooking, topped with the fruit, carefully wrapped up in a napkin, topped with cream and handed over with a smile. They're best devoured while still warm and although we both discarded our spoons, you might find yourself covered in whipped cream - all i'm saying is its a good job the place was quiet! We absolutely loved these crepes but found that one was a little bit too much for us each (especially after a McDonalds.. oops..) as the Nutella made it a little sickly however I think I could definitely demolish a whole one on an emptier stomach and my mum is keen to try the other flavour combinations, especially the classic lemon and sugar. 



I can't wait to head back to La Crepe Boutique; in fact i'm already thinking up excuses to visit the White Rose. My only problem is, what flavour will I go for next?




G



Comments

Popular Posts

InLine