Kylie Cosmetics Haul:
'Exposed' Lip Liner (Lip Kit)
'Candy K' Lip Liner (Lip Kit)
You might've seen my blog post way back in November 2016 talking about the Kylie Cosmetics 'Bronze' Palette and *spoiler* how much I loved it. In the post I mentioned that i'd ordered a couple of lip products and couldn't wait to share them with you. Since then I ordered a few more bits so wanted to put them all together and let you know what I thought..
One of the first things I actually ordered from Kylie Cosmetics was the KoKo Kollection (now called In Love With the Koko, but the shades are the same) along with the Bronze Palette. I love the variety of this set: there's a gloss, a metal and the two matte shades (the red and the deep plum). I must admit, i've mostly used the neutral shades - my signature look is a smokey eye and nude lip so the metal and the gloss work great for me and I get a lot of wear from them. I have worn the two bold shades a few times though and actually really loved them (especially the plum which is a great statement lip)... maybe I need to step more out of my comfort zone and use them more!
In terms of the formula of the lip kits, I totally believe the hype with Kylie Cosmetics. I have the Colorpop matte lip products (read about them here) and the Kylie Cosmetics ones, in my opinion, are infinitely better. They absolutely do not budge and there's no unevenness, no drag and the colour pay off is great. If you like a matte lip, I honestly do think Kylie has created something really impressive here.
The other lip products I got were lip liners and glosses. I'm quite vocal in that I love a lip gloss. I know, so 2000s! But I find them so flattering and easy to wear. I also tend to fill in my lips with just a liner (or liner, then gloss over the top... peak 90s make up!) so I got a couple of liners and glosses in neutral shades because I knew i'd use them. And I was right, I love these glosses: they're thick so they last, but without being too gloopy.... not a word I thought i'd be using anytime soon on my blog! The colours are great too, I went for the two paler shades (I bought these when there were literally 3 shades!) and they're perfect for my pale skin. I can imagine them being incredibly flattering on various skin tones though. I think if you're wanting to get into wearing lip gloses in wearable shades, these are a great place to start. The lipgloss comeback starts here guys!
I also picked up two lipliners.. at the time I bought these, I literally just bought the lipliners, not the lip kit however it doesn't look as though you can do this any more. I think selling the lip liners separate is a great idea though: I love both of these liners but don't like a matte lip so probably wouldn't buy a full lip kit just to get them. Again, I went for neutral shades because I am always on the look out for that perfect nude lip liner. I love both of these liners, they last ages and again the colour pay off is great.
All in all, I would definitely recommend the Kylie Cosmetics lip products. I think that the range is impressive, the quality is good and they are worth the hype.
Have you tried any Kylie Cosmetics products?
G
Comments
Post a Comment